Imat 100mg (Imatinib)
Description of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) is a antineoplastic agents and used by alone regimen or together with other medicines for the treatment of different types of cancer or bone marrow conditions, the main ingredient which is used as Imatinib. Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) will prevents the development of cancer cells in the body.
INDICATIONS of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
- Aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM)
- Chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL)
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative diseases (MPD)
- Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL)
- Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML)
MECHANISM OF ACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) is a antineoplastic drug which inhibits the growth of cancer cells and bone marrow condition. Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) is also knowns as tyrosine kinase inhibitor that interferes with the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase produced by the Philadelphia chromosome abnormality in chronic myeloid (blood cancer) leukaemia(CML). It stops the multiplication and induces suppress in BCR-ABL positive cell lines, thereby leukaemic cells from Philadelphia chromosome positive CML. Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) also prevent receptor kinases for platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and stem cell factor (SCF), c-kit, PDGF- and SCF-mediated cellular effects.
ABSORPTION OF ACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
rapid and complete absorbed from the GI tract. Bioavailability of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) is Approx 98%. Duration of peak plasma concentration: 2-4 hr.
DISTRIBUTION OF ACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Plasma protein binding of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) Approx 95%.
METABOLISM OF ACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) metabolized in CYP3A4 isoenzyme and to a lesser extent through CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 isoenzymes.active metabolite of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) is N-demethylated piperazine derivative.
ELIMINATION OF ACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
excreted via faeces (68%) and urine (13%) within 7 days; excreted mainly as metabolites, with 25% as unchanged drug. Elimination half-life: Approx 18 hr Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) and approx 40 hr (N-demethylated piperazine derivative).
SIDE EFFECTS of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
The following side effects of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) occurring in >30% for patients
• Low RBC,WBC and platelets: May increased risk for infection, anemia or bleeding; Nausea and vomiting; Swelling of the face, feet, hands (edema) ; Muscle cramps and bone pain; Diarrhea; bleeding problem; Skin rash; Fever.
Less common side effects of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
• Dyspnea; fatigue; athralagia; stomach cramping; heartburn; cold; decreased appetite; constipation, night sweat; weakness; problems in fertility
PRECAUTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
While taking Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg), Inform your doctor about previously taking medicine involved in prescription and non prescription, over the counter, vitamins, herbal, nutritional supplements.
• Do not consume the aspirin, or products containing aspirin until doctor specifically permit may decrease the effectiveness of this medication.
• Acetominophen (Tylenol®) may not be recommended. Inform your doctor
• Before starting this treatment. discuss with health care professional if you are pregnant or chance of to be pregnant
• Both of the men and women: avoid conceive a child (get pregnant) while on treatment with Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg). Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended. Inform the consultants , it will be safe to become pregnant or conceive a child after treatment.
• Avoid breast feed while on medication therapy.
DRUG INTERACTION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)+ CYP3A4 inhibitor( azole antifungal, macrolide) → increased serum levels.
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) + CYP3A4 inducers → reduced serum concentration.
Food interaction: with grape fruit Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) reduce serum levels.
CONTRAINDICATION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Hypersensitivity and lactation contraindicated with Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
PREGNANCY & LACTATION of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Pregnancy category D :Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) has positive effects on human fetal risk, but the asist from use in pregnant women may be occur even with the risk . The drug is impotent while the drug needed for life threatening situation.
DOSAGE of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Chronic myeloid leukaemia
• Chronic phase:
The patients with Chronic phase the drug administrated 400 mg per day, given up to 600 mg/day or 400 mg bid if needed. The patients with Blast crisis or accelerated phase administrated 600 mg per day, up to 400 mg bid if required. Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia :Dose of 600 mg per day with induction, consolidation or maintenance therapy ; Monotherapy in relapsed or refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia 400 mg per day up to 400 mg bid is administrated for Unresectable, metastatic GI stromal tumours 400 mg/day. starting with100 mg/day in patients w/ith FIP1L1-PDGF-α fusion kinase is given for Hypereosinophilic syndrome Imatinib is a protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor which inhibits the Bcr-Abl tyrosine kinase, the constitutive abnormal tyrosine kinase created by the Philadelphia chromosome abnormality in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).
400 mg per day. Mastocytosis 400 mg per day. starting with100 mg/day if there is analog eosinophilia.
Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: 400 mg bid.
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) should be taken with food by oral route.
STORAGE of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg) store below 30℃. Place the drug in tight container, protected from sunlight, moisture and freezing Keep out of the children’s Discard the drug after the expiry date. Dispose the unused drug by asking to the Pharmacist.
MISSED DOSE of Imat 100mg(Imatinib 100mg)
if a single dose is missed, have the drug probably soon Next dose time reaches then leave the missed dose and continue the regular schedule Please consult with the doctor.
No reviews found