Diabetes Tips: Foods To Control Low Blood Sugar At Home
28-05-2020 By Myapplepharma Team
Glucose consist of sugar which comes from the foods we eat, and it's also composed and stored inside the body. It's the primary source of energy for the cells of our body and is transported to each cell through the bloodstream. While on sleeping, even our brains depend on glucose to function
In the blood the amount of glucose level is the blood glucose. When blood sugar levelsdrip too low, it's known as hypoglycaemia. Very less blood sugar levels can cause severe symptoms whichnecessary to be treated correct away.
In diabetes Low blood sugar levels
When People with diabetes can have less blood sugar levels because of the medicines they have to administer to control their diabetes. They may require a hormone called insulin or diabetes pills (or both) to enhance their bodies require the sugar in their blood.
These regimensprovided to take the sugar out of the blood and get it into the body's cells, that makes the blood sugar level decease state. Hence sometimes it's a difficult to balancing act and blood sugar levels can get reduced.
Then diabetic people used to keep their blood sugars from getting too high or too low. Managing blood sugar levels in a healthy range means controlling when and what they eat, and when they exercise with when they take medicines.
Causes of low blood sugar levels
Most of things that can make low blood sugar levels as follows
1. Not having proper meals and snacks
2. Not havingadequate food during a meal or snack
3. Exercising harder than typical without eating some extra food
4. getting too much insulin
5. Not proper timing the insulin doses properly with meals, snacks, and exercise
Even though some things may raise how rapidly insulin gets absorbed into the bloodstream and can make hypoglycaemia more likely. These include
1. hot shower or bath taking right after having an insulin injection have high blood flow via the blood vessels in the skin, that can make the insulin be absorbed more fastly than common
2. Pricking injection in the shot into a muscle instead of the fatty layer under the skin
3. Pricking injection by the insulin into a part of the body used a lot in a sport
Allthese activitieswill raise the chances that a person may get hypoglycaemia.
Symptoms of low blood sugar
1. Blurry vision
2. Rapid heartbeat
3. sudden mood changes
4. Sudden nervousness
5. Unexplained fatigue
6. Pale skin
12. Difficulty sleeping
13. skin tingling
14. Trouble thinking clearly or concentrating
if someone whose suffer with diabetes and have mild to moderate symptoms the must follow eating or drinking 15grams of easily digestible carbohydrates
1. regular soda
2. honey 1 tablespoon
3. 4 or 5 saltine crackers
4. Sugar- 1 tablespoon
Treatment for low blood sugar
If you doubtful you have low blood sugar, it's important to monitor your blood sugar right away. If you don't have a meter and you're on diabetes medications which increase insulin, discuss with doctor about obtaininga blood glucose meter.
If you are getting low blood sugar often in a few times a week, consult your doctor right away to resolve why. The doctor will start your visit by taking your medical history, asking questions about the eating habits, and learning more about the symptoms you're experiencing.
If not have diabetes but thinking you have hypoglycaemia, discuss to doctor about your symptoms. They will do a physical examination. They will use three criteria, these include
1. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar
2. Documentation of low blood
3. Exodus of the signs and symptoms of low blood sugar The doctor may allowto go home with a blood glucose meter (a small, handheld blood testing device) to track your blood sugar over time at home. They will instruct how to test your blood sugar during certain times of the day, such as after waking up and after eating meals. On hand if you don't have a blood sugar testing machine and are getting signs or symptoms of low blood sugar with diabetes, those symptoms may be enough to diagnose low blood sugar. Be sure to cure it right away. Do the tips for eating 15 grams of carbohydrate described above. Check again in 15 minutes, and if your blood sugar is not raised, treat with another 15 grams of carbs. If the blood sugar remains passive, discuss with the doctor or emergency services. When in doubt, treat. Symptoms of low blood sugar commonly get worse if untreated. Consult a doctor if you have diabetes and getting low blood sugar levels often, or if you have symptoms, even if you don't have diabetes.
Relationship Between Cancer and Diabetes Lot Than You Think
Probably you've heard already, that Goal for City of Hope to cure type 1 diabetes within five years.
It automatically raises the question, why the City of Hope should have a renowned cancer center, they did research on both too (Cancer and Diabetes).
Do they have any strong connection between them
Probably, yes and no
There are peoples by which they affected by both at the same time. Persons with type 1 diabetic have chances to affect by the liver or pancreatic cancer. More ratio on Diabetic women with breast cancer than women with breast cancer alone (Normally, there's a low risk of developing prostate cancer on men with diabetes).
If you don't have control of diabetes, should ready for the treatment of resisting prostate, liver and breast cancer.
Some ways to prevent low blood sugar
1. Understand your medications.
2. If using a fast-acting insulin, pay attention to blood glucose levels one to two hours after injection.
3. Avoid insulin mix-ups
4. Know the symptoms.
5. Follow the Rule of 15
6. Always Carry a glucose source.
7. Wear a continuous glucose monitor (CGM)
8. Get enough sleep.
9. Eat when you plan to eat.
10. Pay attention to physical activity.
What to eat during blood sugar dips
1. Have food three balanced meals per day, add snacks if necessary. Do not swap the meals.
2. Maintain to regular mealtimes. Meals should be calculated about 4 to 6 hours apart. Have a snack, if needed, 2 to 3 hours after a meal.v 3. Have a different food from the different food groups: vegetables and fruits, starches, dairy and alternatives, meat and alternatives.
4. Select the foods rich in dietary fibre: vegetables and fruits, whole-grain products, legumes, nuts and seeds, etc.
5. Maintain the meals depend on the Balanced Plate model.
6. Take less amount of consumption of sweets and foods with little nutrition (cakes, pastries, candies, chocolate, cookies, brown sugar, honey, molasses, syrups, jams, etc.). These should be taken only occasionally and in little quantities.
7. select water for hydration rather than fruit juice or sweetened drinks.
8. If you taking sugar substitutes or products whichinclude them, take in moderation.
9. If you drink alcohol, do so by choice with food and respect the prescribed quantities.
10. Give specific attention to serving size and distribution of foods including carbohydrates fruit, starches, milk and alternatives, legumes, certain vegetables and foods with added sugar.