Brand Name : Azee
Composition : Azithromycin
Strength availability : 250mg
Manufactured by : Cipla Ltd
Dosage Form : Tablet
Packing : Pack of 30 tablets
Category : Anti-viral drug
for MORE INFORMATION !!!
Azee 250mg belongs to semi- synthetic macrolide antibiotic which fights against bacteria and its belongs to the class of Azalide.. Azee 250mg is a white crystalline powder and as the dehydrate.
→ Azee 250mg is also used to prevent disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infection
→ Infection of the ears, lungs, sinuses, throat and reproductive organs.
→ Azee 250mg is indicated for the treatment of certain bacterial infections such as
→ Sexually transmitted disease (STD)
Some serious side effects is caused by Azee 250mg
• Watery or bloody diarrhae
• Pain in head associated with chest discomfort and severe vertigo, fainting, fast heartbeats
• Hepatic problems – upper stomach pain, decreased appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
• Serious dermatological reaction – fever, pharyngtitis, blisters in face or tongue, burning of eyes, red or purple skin rashes.
Common side effects of Azee 250mg as follows:
• Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
• Pain in head
If these symptoms occurs call doctor immediately
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Azee 250mg belongs to semisynthetic azalide antibiotic. It prohibits transpeptidation by connecting to 50s ribosomal subunit of affected organisms and disorganize RNA-dependent protein synthesis at the chain expansion step.
Absorption : Fastly absorbed from the GI tract. Decreased by food (capsule formulation). bioavailability: Approx 34-52%.
Duration of high plasma concentration: Oral tab: 2-3 hr;
Distribution: Volume of distribution: 31-33 L/kg.
Plasma protein binding (based on concentration): 7-51% (oral and IV). Metabolism: Metabolism occur in Hepatic through demethylation.
Elimination: Through bile (as unchanged drug and inactive metabolites); urine (approx 6% of oral dose). Terminal elimination half-life: 68 hr.
For oral dosage form
In adults for bacterial infections
500 to 2000mg once daily, administer as single dose, this may continue with 250 to 500mg dose once daily for several days
For pharyngitis or tonsillitis: 500mg on day 1 taken as single dose followed by 250mg on 2nd day through 5th day
In children’s for infections (6months age – older): based on body weight is dose and must be determined by your doctor.
10 to 30mg/kg of body weight once daily, taken as a single dose. Based on the type of infection ,continue with doses of 5 to 10 mg/kg of body weight once daily for several days.
Infants < 6 months: discuss with doctor
For pharyngitis or tonsillitis: based on body weight: 12mg/kg of body weight once daily for 5 days
< 2yrs children’s : discuss with doctor for dose.
OVERDOSE: If dose administer higher than prescribed dose will cause nausea, diarrhea, vomiting. If it occurs then provide general symptomatic and supportive measures are indicated as needed
The patients using Azee 250mg is contraindicated with hypersensitivity to azithromycin and its components.
Azee 250mg using patients are contraindicated with history of liver discomfort analog to before use of azithromycin
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
• While use of antibacterial agents will cause mild diarrhea to fatal colitis and it alters the normal colon flora results overgrowth of C.difficile. These will produce toxin A and Toxin B leads to development of CDAD and hence increases morbidity and mortality. Before using Azee 250mg inform the doctor.
• If an allergic reaction occurs including angiodema, anaphylaxis and dermatologic reactions, the drug should be discontinue and convenient treatment must carried out. Consult with doctor for the symptoms arise.
• If symptoms of abnormal liver function, cholestatic jaundice, liver necrosis have occurs then stop the azithromycin and inform the doctor.
• Susceptible to famciclovir, penciclovir cream (Denavir), acyclovir (Zovirax), any other medications, or lactose. Consult your doctor
• Consult your doctor if you had problems with your immune system, (HIV), (AIDS); inherited conditions where the body is not able to tolerate lactose; or kidney or liver disease.
• Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, decide to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. While taking Virovir treatment If you become pregnant, discuss with doctor about the condition.
• Virovir may produce drowsy, dizzy, confused, or disoriented. Avoid drive a car until reaction of medication you feel.
Less common side effects of Virovir 250mg
• Bloated, full feeling
• Excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
• Redness of skin
• Mood or mental changes
• Hives or welts
• Itching skin
More common side effects of Virovir 250mg
• Heavy bleeding
Incident not known side effects of Virovir 250mg
• Black stools
• Bleeding gums
• Blistering, peeling of the skin
• Joint or muscle pain
• Pinpoint red spots on the skin
• Yellow eyes or skin
• Sores, ulcers or white spot in the mouth or on the lips.