Brand name : Celofos
Strength : 1gm
Active substance : Ifosfamide
Manufactured by : Celon Laboratories Ltd
Pack : 1ml injection in a vial
Ifosfamide is generic form of brand name Celofos. Celofos 1gm is an antineoplastic agent chemically associated to the nitrogen mustards and a synthetic analog of cyclophosphamide. It is active as an alkylating agent and an immunosuppressive agent. Celofos 1gm is a prescription drug which is used under the supervision of medical oncologist
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patientswith relapsed testicular cancer and germ cell tumors
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Sarcomas (soft-tissue, osteogenic sarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma)
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Hodgkin's disease
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Non-small cell and small cell lung cancer
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Bladder cancer
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Head and neck cancer
• Celofos 1gm is used for the treatment in patients with Cervix cancer
• Usual adult dose for testicular cancer is 1.2 g/m2, diluted to 50mg/mL IV over 30 minutes once a day with mesna administrated via IV, Oral, or continuous IV infusion given just before and 4 and 8 hours after each dose and aggressive hydration 2 to 4 L/day.
• Celofos is commonly administrated for 5days.
Repeated every 3 to 4 weeks :
• The usual dosefor cervical cancer in combination with other cancer drugs as a part of the BIP regimen is 5000mg/m2 over 24 hours on day 2
Cycle repeated every 21 days :
• The usual dose for cervical cancer in combination with other cancer drugs as a part of the BIC regimen is 2000 mg/m2IV on day 1 through 3
Cycle repeated every 21 days :
• Paediatric dose for Malignant disease: The recommended dose is 1200 to 1800mg/m2IV for 3 to 5 days every 21 to 28 daysOr administrated has 5000mg/m2 over 24 hours infusion or 3g/m2/ day for 2 days
The proper mechanism of Ifosfamide has not been described but occur to be like other alkylating agents. Ifosfamide mechanism by sticking the cancer cell’s DNA (the cell’s genetic code) composed so which it can't come apart again. This means which the cell will not multiply and grow.
Time to high plasma of Celofos is 20-30 minutes and the bioavailability are 90-100%
Volume of distribution is 33L
Celofos is extensively metabolized and has metabolites of 3-dechloroethylifosfamide, 2- dechloroethylifosfamide and carboxyifosfamide
Celofos is eliminated at high dose of 5000mg/m2 in urine 70-86% and at low dose 1600-2400 about 12-16%.
Half- life for high dose of 3800-5000mg/m2 is 15hr and 7hr for low dose of 1800-2400 mg/m2
• With Celofos 1gm causes Haemorrhagic cystitis reported
• Stop treatment if it occurs Confusion and coma due to CNS toxicity have been associated with therapy.
• While treatment with Celofos 1gm may occur Bone marrow suppression
• Dose-related serious myelosuppression occurred
When Celofos 1gminteraction with CYP3A4 inducers may increase the metabolism of Ifosfamide to its active alkylating metabolites When Celofos 1gminteraction with CYP3A4 inhibitors may decrease the metabolism of Ifosfamide to its active alkylating metabolites perhaps reducing the effectiveness of Ifosfamide treatment
Celofos 1gm is contraindicated in patients with Known hypersensitivity
Celofos 1gm is contraindicated in patients with Urinary outflow obstruction
Store the Celofos 1gm 2 ℃ to 8 ℃
If the patient fails to take a dose of drug or missed to take a dose, then should not take an extra dose, but to take the next dose at the regular time, leave the missed dose.
• Low WBC count
• Low platelet count
• Loss of hair
• Fertility loss
• Vomiting and nausea
• Central neurotoxicity