Brand Name : Darbelife
Composition : Darbepoetin alfa
Strength availability : 20mcg
Manufactured by : Hetero Drugs Ltd
Packing : 1ml in a Vial
for MORE INFORMATION !!!
Darbelife 40mcg is a man-made form of a protein which promote your body form red blood cells.
This protein may be decreased when you have kidney failure or use certain regimens.
When lesser red blood cells are formed, which develop a condition called Anemia.
Darbepoetin alfa is necessary to cure Anemia occurred by chemotherapy or chronic kidney disease.
Darbelife 40mcg is prescribed for the treatment in patients with Anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Darbelife 40mcg is prescribed for the therapy in patients with Anemia is caused by chemotherapy cancer treatment but it is a support medication, it will not treat cancer
Darbelife 40mcg is prescribed for the therapy in patients with Symptomatic Anemia along with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
The usual dose of this drug will be changed for different patients.
Anemia from chronic kidney failure :
The dose considered for adults and children – dose chiefly based on body weight
Initial treatment: The prescribed dose is 0.45 to 0.75 mcg/kg of body weight injected through IV or SC (under the skin) once a week or once every week.
Your doctor may adjust the dose as required
Anemia from cancer chemotherapy :
For adult: dose is based on body weight
Initial treatment: The usual dose is 2.25mcg once every 3 weeks injected under the skin.
The dose for children and use should be determined by your doctor
Darbepoetin alfa activate erythropoiesis by exciting the division and differentiation of committed erythroid progenitor cells; produce the release of reticulocytes from the bone marrow into the bloodstream, where they mature to erythrocytes. There is a dose-reaction relationship with this effect. This results in a raise in reticulocyte counts pursue by a increase in haematocrit and hemoglobin levels.
slow absorption and Time to peak plasma concentration is 34 hr subcutaneously (SC)
Bioavailability for adult is 37% SC and children is 54% SC
volume of distribution is 0.06L/kg
half-life is 46 hr (SC) and if IV then 21 hr.
• While Reduction of dose if Hgb has high exceeds 1 g/dL in any 2-week period
• Increased the mortality and/or higher the risk of tumor progression or relapsed in patients with cancer
• When treatment with Darbelife 40mcg has high risk for seizures in patients with CKD; high checking of these patients for alter in seizure frequency or premonitory symptoms
• If serious Anemia and low reticulocyte count occurs during treatment, withhold treatment and check out for pure red cell aplasia.
• When treatment with Darbelife 40mcg injection will causes high mortality, myocardial infarction, stroke, and thromboembolism: Using ESAs to target a haemoglobin level of greater than 11 g/dL raises the risk of severe adverse cardiovascular reactions
• When treatment with Darbelife 40mcg injection will leads to known porphyria, sickle cell Anemia, thalassemia in patients
No drug interaction involved in the drug Darbelife 40mcg Injection
The patients contraindicated with Darbelife 40mcg injection causes
After treatment results in pure red cell aplasia
If dose is forgetting to take, then have it soon before next dose reaches or leave the missed dose and follow normal timing
Please Consult with the doctor
Store at 2℃ – 8℃ (36℉ to 46℉)
Do not freeze
Protect from light and protect from light
Darbelife 40mcg as some of the side effects as follows;
Serious allergic reaction: wheezing, dizziness, skin rash, itching
Shortness of breath
Low blood pressure during dialysis
Pain in abdominal
Edema of the arms or legs