Composition : Eltrombopag
Strength availability : 12.5mg
Pack : 7 tablets in a strip
for MORE INFORMATION !!!
Revolade 12.5mg is a prescription drug which is used under the supervision of the doctor.
Revolade 12.5mg drug may be used as part of a co-administration therapy. Hence drug may require fortaking it with other medications.
Revolade 12.5mg is mainly indicated for the treatment of patients having :
• lower platelet levels due to chronic immune thrombocytopenia
• lower platelet counts due to chronic hepatitis C virus infection
• Severe aplastic Anemia :
• First line treatment of severe aplastic Anemia
• Treatment of refractory severe aplastic Anemia
Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia
The recommended dose of Revolade has Initial: 50 mg PO qDay Adjust dose to achieve Control platelet count (Plt) >50 x 10^9/L to reduces risk of bleeding; not to exceed 75 mg/day
Chronic Hepatitis C-associated Thrombocytopenia
The recommended dose of Revolade has Initial: 25 mg PO qDay Dose is Adjust in 25 mg accretion q2weeks PRN to attain target Plt needed to start/control antiviral therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin; not to exceed 100 mg/day During antiviral therapy, regulate dose to stop dose reductions of peginterferon Severe Aplastic Anemia
First-line therapy: Concomitant use with standard immunosuppressive therapy, for patients with serious aplastic Anemia (SAA) The recommended dose of Revolade: 150 mg PO qDay for 6 months Do not give more than starting dose; total duration is 6 months
The drug given for this condition who fail to respond enough to at least 1 before immunosuppressive therapy The recommended dose of Revolade: 50 mg PO qDay Adjust dose in 50-mg accretion q2Weeks PRN to attain target Plt ≥50 x 10^9/L as required; not exceed 150 mg/day; may take up to 16 weeks for hematologic response.
Eltrombopag belongs to growth factors which excite platelet production through the thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor. Eltrombopag is a thrombopoietin nonpeptide agonist which have high platelet counts by binding to and activating the TPO receptor. It stimulates pathways within the cell to raises the production and development of marrow progenitor (parent) cells to strengthen platelet production.
peak plasma concentration is 2-6 hours
highly human plasma protein bounding is >99% and in blood plasma level is 50% to 79%
predominantly metabolised through cleavage, oxidation and conjugation with glucuronic acid.
Revolade 12.5mg eliminated primarily via feces 59%, along with 31% via renally excreted
Half-life of Revolade 12.5mg healthy patients is 21-23 hours and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is 26-35 hours.
The drug causes warning condition call the doctor while new medication interaction
If other blood clot risk factors, then avoid the drug because it will high level of platelet counts and blood clots.
If the patients have cataracts, avoid the drug due to the drug effects cataracts and make the condition worse.
Disease progression warning: Avoid using the drug while the patients have myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), will increases the risk of death.
• Revolade 12.5mg co administration with these drugs ezetimibe, glyburide, Olmesartan, repaglinide, valsartan, imatinib, irinotecan, lapatinib, methotrexate, mitoxantrone, Bosentan, sulfasalazine, and topotecan irinotecan leads increase of side effects. hence the doctor may reduce your dosage of these drugs if required.
• Revolade 12.5mg concomitant use with Cholesterol-reducing drugs like atorvastatin, fluvastatin, rosuvastatin, pravastatin, and simvastatin, pitavastatin. Have high side effects can contains muscle pain. The doctor may decrease the dosage of your cholesterol drugs.
• Revolade 12.5mg combination with Antacids, vitamins, or supplements which involves Ca, Al, Fe, Se, Zn, or Mg. To stop interactions, then take Revolade two hours before or four hours after administrating any of these products.
Store at room temperature 20°C and 25°C.
Discard the left-out medicine if not used within 30 minutes
In case of missed dose, patients must consult with medical practitioner and follow the instructions given by them. thereby missed dose should be avoid and follow the regular dosing schedule.
• Lack of appetite
• Urine in dark colour
• Yellowing of your skin
• low red blood cells
• pain in head
• Abdomen swelling
• Chest pain
• Cloudy vision
• Sensitivity to light
• Seeing circles around lights
• Swelling of legs