Active substance : Etoposide
Strength : 100mg
Pack : strips of 12 capsules
Etoplast 100mg capsules is a cytotoxic chemotherapy regimen. This drug belongs to type of classification as a "plant alkaloid" and "topoisomerase II inhibitor.
The accurate way which Etoplast 100mg capsules works against cancer is not known. However, it seems to inhibit the development of the cancer cells, which are ultimately destroyed.
Etoplast 100mg is a prescription drug provided under guidance of medical practioners.
Etoplast 100mg Capsules indicated in concomitant with other chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment;
• Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Testicular, bladder, Wilm's tumor, lung, stomach, and uterine, cancers, mycosis fungoides, Kaposi's sarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma, neuroblastoma, brain tumors.
• And for high-dose treatment in bone marrow transplant setting
The usual dose for testicular cancer is 50-100mg/m2/day Iv on days 1-5 or 100mg mg/ m2/day IV on days 1,3,5
Repeat the course for q3-4week
The usual dose for small-cell lung cancer is 35 mg/ m2/day IV for 4 days or 50 mg/ m2/day IV for 5 days
Repeat the course for q3-4week
Monitor the patients CBC, Hgb, LFTs, Renal function
Etoposide prohibits DNA combination by forming a complex with topoisomerase II and DNA. This complex lead to breaks in double stranded DNA and inhibits repair by topoisomerase II binding. Collect breaks in DNA inhibits entry into the mitotic phase of cell division and causes cell death. Etoposide acts mainly in the G2 and S phases of the cell cycle.
• Peak plasma time is 1 hr
• Bioavailability are 25-75%
• Peak plasma concentration is 4.7 mcg/mL
• Clearance: 13.4 mL/min
• Protein bound: 94-98%
• Vd: 7-17 L/m²
• Metabolized in Liver
• Half-Life: 4-11 hr
• Excretion: Urine (35%)
The drug causes Low blood pressure with rapid infusion of the medication
If platelet <50,000/mm³ or ANC <500/mm³, withhold further treatment
The Etoplastwill results in Severe bone marrow depression
Etoplastmay increase your risk of getting a second cancer, such as leukemia
If patient have hepatic impairment use with caution
The drug Etoplast 100mg should not inject rapidly it may cause hypotension to patient; infuse over at least 30-60 min
During administration Capsules site reactions may occur; check closely
• Concomitant use of Etoplast 100mg with Apalutamide will reduces the level or effect of Etoposide by affecting hepatic/intestinal enzyme CYP3A4 metabolism.
• When concomitant use of Etoplast 100mg with idelalisib will increase the level or effect of Etoposide by affecting hepatic/intestinal enzyme CYP3A4 metabolism.
• Etoplast 100mg will decrease the effects of influenza virus vaccine trivalent adjuvanted by pharmacodynamic antagonism
• When interaction of Etoplast 100mg with Nefazodone will increase the level or effect of Etoposide by affecting hepatic/intestinal enzyme CYP3A4 metabolism.
The drug Etoplast 100mg contraindicated to hypersensitivity to Etoposide or any component of the formulation
Etoplast 100mg should be stored under refrigeration at 20 ℃-80℃
Dispense the drug in tight container
If the patient fails to take a dose of drug or missed to take a dose, then should not take an extra dose, but to take the next dose at the regular time, leave the missed dose.
Common side effects of Etoplast 100mg :
• Allergic reaction: Chills, Fever, tachycardia, bronchospasm, Dyspnea
• Low WBC count
• Low platelet count
• Loss of hair
• Fertility loss
• Vomiting and nausea
Less common side effects of Etoplast 100mg :
• Cortical blindness
• Interstitial pneumonitis
• Mouth ulcers
• Decreased appetite
• Radiation Recall.
Other side effects :
• Metallic taste during drug infusion
• Inflammation at Capsules site