Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone)
Description of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Prednisolone is sold under the brand name Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) and which is a group of classification known as corticosteroids. A glucocorticoid with the usual properties of the corticosteroids. It is the drug choice for all disease in which routine systemic corticosteroid treatment is indicated, except adrenal deficiency states.
Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) is a prescription drug which used under the supervision of medical practioners
INDICATIONS of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) is the first drug of choice and indicated for the treatment of most patients with primary Nephrotic Syndrome. Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) is also indicated for the treatment of other conditions as follows ;
• primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency, such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, thyroiditis.
• Psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis, acute gouty arthritis and epicondylitis.
• Systemic lupus erythematosus, pemphigus and acute rheumatic carditis.
• Leukaemia’s, lymphomas, thrombocytopenia purpura and autoimmune haemolytic Anemia.
• Celiac disease, insulin resistance, ulcerative colitis and liver disorders.
MECHANISM OF ACTION of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
The drug Prednisolone is an effective preventory of the early phase of inflammation, as well as of the development of chronic inflammation. Omnacortil 5mgreplaces a chemical made in the body. It decreases or stops the body’s reaction to the allergen. It stops or reduces irritation and swelling. It reduces the body’s harmful response to diseases of the immune system.
ADME of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Absorption: Prednisolone absorbs readily in gastrointestinal tract; high plasma concentration is 1-2 hr after administration.
Distribution: high plasma bounding is >90%.
Metabolism: Prednisolone is mainly metabolised in liver and eliminated in the urine as sulphate and glucuronide.
Elimination: Prednisolone is Eliminated from the plasma with a mean. Half-life of the drug is 2-3 hours.
SIDE EFFECTS of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
* Changes in personality
* Menstrual periods absence
* Fragile skin
* High blood pressure
* Redness of skin
* Skin scar
* Electrolyte imbalance
* Decreased libido
* Bone degradation
* Menstrual cycle alteration
* Infection risk increased
* Hair growth increased
* Muscle disorders
PRECAUTIONS of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) may have high blood glucose levels and fall the symptoms of diabetes. The patients with diabetes should Use the drug with caution.
Tablet may reduce the bone density by lowering the absorption of calcium.
Tablet is necessary with caution in the patients with hepatic injury and impaired Renal function.
Do not use this medication for pregnant women.
This tablet is known to excreted via breast milk in little amounts so not advisable for breast feeder.
Tablet may lower the effect of live or vitiate vaccines.
DRUG INTERACTION of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
- Interaction of anticholinesterase agents and corticosteroids may produce severe weakness in patients with myasthenia gravis. If probably, anticholinesterase agents should be withdrawn at least 24 hours before initiating corticosteroid therapy.
• Patients on taking Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) interaction with digitalis glycosides may be at increased risk of arrhythmias due to hypokalaemia.
• Combination with Amino glutethimide may lead to loss of corticosteroid-induced adrenal suppression.
• There have been cases resulted in which combination of Amphotericin B and hydrocortisone was followed by cardiac enlargement and congestive heart failure (see also Potassium depleting agents).
• CYP 3A4 inhibitors Ketoconazole has been resulted to decrease the metabolism of certain corticosteroids by up to 60% leading to an increased risk of corticosteroid side effects.
• Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) interaction with Cholestyramine may increase the clearance of corticosteroids.
CONTRAINDICATION of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) Orally Disintegrating Tablets are contraindicated in patients
Hypersensitive to corticosteroids i.e. prednisolone or any components of this product.
Sometime particular of anaphylactoid reactions have appeared in patients getting corticosteroid therapy.
PREGNANCY OF Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Category C: In studies, Animal reproduction have reveal an adverse reaction on the fetus and there are no sufficient and well-regulated studies in humans, but possible benefits may credential use of the drug needed despite possible risks in pregnant women.
LACTATION OF Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) is very improbable to cause adverse reaction in the infant. Discuss your doctor if you are breastfeeding your child and use the medicine as advised
STORAGE of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg)
Stored at < 25 ℃
keep in a cool, dry place away from heat and sunlight.
Keep Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) reach out of children.
Do not keep medicine after expired.
Discuss with the pharmacist on how to dispose of Omnacortil 5mg (Prednisolone 5mg) which has expired.
Take a missed dose immediately you think about it. If time comes closer to your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. Do not have double doses at the same time. Avoid the change of the dose or stop this drug. Discuss with the doctor.
No reviews found