Brand Name : Revolade
Composition : Eltrombopag
Strength availability : 25mg
Manufactured by : GSK pharma
Pack : 7 tablets in a strip
for MORE INFORMATION !!!
Revolade 25mg is a prescription drug which is used under the guidance of the doctor.
Revolade 25mg drug may be used as part of a combination therapy. Thereby drug may need to take it with other medications.
Revolade 25mg is mainly indicated for the treatment of patients having :
• Reduced platelet levels due to chronic immune thrombocytopenia
• Reduced platelet counts due to chronic hepatitis C virus infection
• Severe aplastic Anemia :
• First line treatment of severe aplastic Anemia
• Treatment of refractory severe aplastic Anemia
Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia :
Indicated only in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia whose clinical condition increases bleeding risk
Initial: 50 mg PO qDay
Adjust dose to achieve and control platelet count (Plt) >50 x 10^9/L to lowers risk of bleeding; not to exceed 75 mg/day Chronic Hepatitis C-associated Thrombocytopenia
Initial: 25 mg PO qDay
Dose is Adjust in 25 mg accretion q2weeks PRN to attain target Pltneeded to start/control antiviral therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin; not to exceed 100 mg/day
During antiviral therapy, regulate dose to stop dose reductions of peginterferon
Severe Aplastic Anemia
First-line therapy :
Concomitant use with standard immunosuppressive therapy, for patients with serious aplastic Anemia (SAA)
Usual dose: 150 mg PO qDay for 6 months
Do not give more thanstarting dose; total duration is 6 months
Refractory SAA :
The drug given for this condition who fail to respond sufficient to at least 1 before immunosuppressive therapy
usual dose: 50 mg PO qDay
Adjust dose in 50-mg accretion q2Weeks PRN to attain target Plt ≥50 x 10^9/L as required; not exceed 150 mg/day; may take up to 16 weeks for hematologic response.
Revolade be part of class of drugs called thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonists. A classification of drugs is aassociation of medications which work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions. Revolade works by raise cells in bone marrow andleads these cells to make various platelets. This effect reducesthe risk of bleeding.
peak plasma concentration is 2-6 hours
highly human plasma protein bounding is >99% and in blood plasma level is 50% to 79%
predominantly metabolised through cleavage, oxidation and conjugation with glucuronic acid.
Revolade 25mg eliminated primarily via feces 59%, along with 31% via renally excreted
Half-life of Revolade 25mg healthy patients is 21-23 hours and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is 26-35 hours.
The drug causes warning condition, call the doctor while new medication interaction
Disease progression warning: Avoid using the drug while the patients have myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), will increases the risk of death.
If other blood clot risk factors, then avoid the drug because it will increase platelet counts and blood clots.
If the patients have cataracts, avoid the drug due to the drug effects cataracts and make the condition worse.
• Revolade 25mg interaction with these drugs ezetimibe, glyburide, Olmesartan, repaglinide, valsartan, imatinib, irinotecan, lapatinib, methotrexate, mitoxantrone, Bosentan, sulfasalazine, and topotecan irinotecan leads increase of side effects. hence the doctor may reduce your dosage of these drugs if required.
• Revolade 25mg co administration with Cholesterol-reducing drugs like atorvastatin, fluvastatin, rosuvastatin, pravastatin, and simvastatin, pitavastatin. Have high side effects can contains muscle pain. The doctor may reduce the dosage of your cholesterol drugs.
• Revolade 25mg concomitant use with Antacids, vitamins, or supplements which involves Ca, Al, Fe, Se, Zn, or Mg. To stop interactions, then take Revolade two hours before or four hours after administrating any of these products.
Store at room temperature 20℃ and 25℃.
Discard the left-out medicine if not used within 30 minutes
In case of missed dose, patients must consult with medical practitioner and follow the instructions given by them. thereby missed dose should be avoid and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Common side effects:
• low red blood cells
• pain in head
• decreased appetite
Serious side effects:
• Urine in dark colour
• Yellowing of your skin
• Abdomen swelling
• Chest pain
• Cloudy vision
• Sensitivity to light
• Seeing circles around lights
• Swelling of legs.