Active substance : Temsirolimus
Strength : 25mg
Pack : 1 injection in a vial
Torisel 25mg is a derivative of rapamycin, an agent that exhibits antifungal, immunosuppressant and antitumor activities.
Torisel 25mg is a targeted therapy drug required to treat kidney cancer which has spread, and mantle cell lymphoma that has come back after treatment and be indicated to treat other cancers.
Torisel 25mg is a prescription drugs which is used under the supervision of medical oncologist.
The drug Torisel 25mg mainly is indicated for the treatment in patients who suffering with advanced renal cell carcinomas.
And the drug also investigated for use in treatment of breast cancer, lymphoma (unspecified), rheumatoid arthritis and multiple myeloma.
Advanced Renal cell carcinoma :
The patients should be Pre-treat with antihistamines (e.g. diphenhydramine 25-50 mg IV 30 minutes preinfusion
The Torisel recommended dose is 25mg IV infusion qweek until disease progression or unacceptable
Stop if ANC <1000/mm³ and/or platelets <75000/mm³ and/or Grade 3 or higher AE; again, proceed after toxicity is decreased to at least Grade 2 at 5 mg lower dose but no lower than 15 mg.
Temsirolimus is a rapamycin derivative, an agent which exhibits antifungal, immunosuppressant and antitumor activities.
Temsirolimus appears to inhibit the effects of mTOR, an enzyme which has an important role in controlling the synthesis of proteins that regulates cell division.
Therefore, Temsirolimus may discontinue the production of proteins necessary for cancer cell replication.
Time to peak plasma time is 0.5-2 hr after infusion (sirolimus)
The Torisel has volumeof distribution is 172 L
Torisel is Metabolized in liver; through CYP3A4 to active metabolite sirolimus and several other metabolites The drug Torisel excreted through feces 78% and urine <5%
Half-Life: 17hr (Temsirolimus); 55hr (sirolimus)
• While treatment it may have high risks of hypersensitivity reactions; hyperglycaemia; hyperlipidemia; intracerebral hemorrhage (CNS tumor and/or on anticoagulants)
• Infections may report from immunosuppression
• Renal failure, sometimes fatal, has resulted; monitor renal function at baseline and while on therapy
• Due to atypical wound healing, use caution in perioperative period
• Bowel perforation may result; monitor fever, abdominal pain, bloody stools, and/or acute abdomen immediately
• Elderly patients may be more likely to experience certain adverse reactions, containing diarrhea, edema and pneumonia
• Pregnancy should be avoided during and for 3 months post-treatment
• When Torisel concomitant use with rifampin, a potent CY3A4/5 had no significant effect on Temsirolimus but reduced sirolimus Cmax by 65%.
• Interaction of Torisel with ketoconazole, a potent CY3A4 inhibitor had no significant effect on Temsirolimus but have high sirolimus Cmax by 65%.
• Co administration of Torisel with ramipril and/or amlodipine, angioedema has been resulted in patients taking mammalian target of rapamycin
Store at 2℃ to 8℃
Protect from light.
More common side effects :
Hypophosphatemia, Weakness, Low blood counts , Rash, Mouth sores , Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Swelling , Poor appetite , Hyperglycaemia, High in blood cholesterol levels , Increased blood creatine levels.
Less common side effects for patients receiving Temsirolimus :
Weight loss , Chest pain , Headache , nail disorder/thinning , Insomnia , Nose bleed , Sore throat, Dry skin, Reduce white blood cell count, Generalized aches and pains , Shortness of breath , Pain, Swelling in legs and feet , Diarrhea , Cough , Fever , Low potassium , Abdominal pain, Infection, Constipation , Taste disturbance , Back pain , Itching, Vomiting .
If dose is missed, then have immediately before the reaching of next dose time or swap the missed dose and continue regular schedule.
Consult the doctors for more information.