Trade name : Valcivir
Active ingredient : Valacyclovir
Strength availability : 1000mg
Manufactured by : Cipla Ltd
Pack : 3 tablets in a carton
Category : Anti-viral drug
for MORE INFORMATION !!!
Valcivir 1000mg involves an active composition like valacyclovir that are pharmacologically classified as nucleoside analogue of viral DNA polymerase prohibitor. Valacyclovir belongs to synthetically classified as nucleoside analogue. Valacyclovir is normaly present as prodrug which gets changed into an active molecule known as Valacyclovir.
The main indication of valacyclovir is needed in the condition like; Herpes simplex & herpes zoster In adults; Valcivir 1000mg is mostly required for the treatment of cold sores by Herpes Labialis. Valcivir 1000mg capability started after the advancement of clinical signs of cold sore has not been investigated. Valcivir 1000mg is additionally exhibit in the condition like starting scene of genital herpes in immuno able grown-ups. Valcivir 1000mg is also indicated in the treatment of relapsed episodes of genital herpes in immuno competent episodes. Valcivir 1000mg is determined for cutting edge holding black treatment of repetitive scenes of genital herpes in immuno skillful and HIV-1 contaminated grown-ups. Valcivir 1000mg is also indicated for the decline of transportation of genital herpes in immuno competent adults. Valcivir 1000mg is used in the treatment of herpes zoster in immuno competent adults. In pediatrics; In pediatric patients, Valcivir 1000mg is contain in the therapy of cold sores with the age of greater or equal to 12 years. Valcivir 1000mg is also used for the therapy of chicken pox in immuno competent pediatric patients with age of 2 to less than 18 years.
Valcivir tablet should be administered with or without food.
In adults :
Cold sore (herpes labialis): The prescribed dose of Valcivir is 2 gram should be taken for two times a day for one day in 12 hours apart. Genital herpes (initial episode): The prescribed dose of Valcivir is 1 grams should be taken as twice daily for 10 days.
Recurrent episode: The prescribed dose is 500mg should be administered orally as twice daily for 3 days. Suppressive treatment: In ceaseless suppressive treatment, the recommended measurements are 1 gram taken as once every day in patients with typical capacities. In patients with 9 repeats for every year, the recommended dosage is 500mg ought to be regulated as once day by day.
In HIV-1 infected patients: 500mg of Valcivir should be administered orally as two times a day.
Reduction of transmission: 500mg of Valcivir should be taken as once daily.
Herpes zoster: In this condition, the recommended dose of Valcivir is 1gm should be taen as three times a Day for 7 days.
In pediatrics :
Cold sores (herpes labialis): The patient’s age of greater or equal to 12 years, the recommended dose of Valcivir is 2 gram should be taken as twice daily for 1 day.
Chicken pox: 20mg/kg of Valcivir should be administered orally as three times a day for 5 days. The maximum dose per day is not exceeding 1 gram 3times a day.
Valacyclovir is a prodrug which is go through phosphorylation by using viral thymidine kinase enzyme for convert of acyclovir triphosphate, an active metabolite. This active molecule is included in the prohibition of herpes viral DNA replication by aggressive prohibition of viral DNA polymerase. After infusion of this metabolite into the virus & leads to terminate the developing viral DNA chain. Valacyclovir consist of; Block the DNA synthesis Destabilizing the strand Prevention of new viral growth
After Valcivir 1000mg oral intake , valacyclovir is fastly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and exhibit oral bioavailability by 54.5% plus or minus 9.1%.
The Valcivir 1000mg has human plasma protein binding capacity is 13 to 18%.
Valacyclovir is hastily absorbed and approximately 99% of drug get convinced into an active form like acyclovir & L-valine by sustain first pass metabolism & hepatic metabolism by enzymatic hydrolysis.
Radioactivity gets eliminated via urine is nearly 89%. The mean half life period of valacyclovir is 2.5 to 3.3 hours.
Central nervous system effects :
In pediatric patients with or without renal impairment should be describe with nervous problems like agitation, hallucination, confusion, seizures while on treatment with Valcivir 1000mg. In this condition treatment should be stopped. Thrombocytopenia :
This circumstances occurs during the treatment using with Valcivir 1000mg, this may causes death with chronic HIV-1 disease & bone marrow transplant. In this lethal condition therapy should be immediately stopped & monitor the indication due to this fetal case. Acute renal failure :
Use Valcivir 1000mg in geriatric patients very cautiously. Dosage reduction should be necessary for renal impaired patients. Patients who are getting nephrotoxic drugs should be taken care while administration of Valcivir 1000mg tablets. Patients have no enough hydration may causes precipitation of acyclovir in renal tubules.
No drug- drug interactions occurs in the valacyclovir therapy.
Valcivir 1000mg is highly contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity reactions due to patients are contraindicated to the ingredients of Valcivir 1000mg.
Missed dose condition should be avoided by maintain the regular dosing schedule. Do not skip the dose. Avoid self medication. If you missed dose, patient should be get advice from the medical practitioner & follow the instructions.
The common side effects :
Respiratory tract infection
Decreased platelet counts
The major adverse effects of Valtrex 500mg are :
Thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome
Acute renal failure
Central nervous effects
1. myapplepharma.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. myapplepharma.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the myapplepharma.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. myapplepharma.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from myapplepharma.com.
6. At myapplepharma.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.